Smoked Sausage with Spicy Mustard Mayo
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 30 min
- 12 sandwiches
SPICY MUSTARD MAYO
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped green onions (about 2 onions)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4-6 dashed of hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (13 oz) link high quality kielbasa or other smoked sausage
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- Prepare biscuits using Callie's Recipe
- Make the spicy mustard mayo: Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, green onions, and parsley.
- Let the flavors marry for about 30 minutes.
- Add the hot sauce and black pepper.
- Prepare the sausage: Slice the sausage into 24 rounds.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet. Cook the sausage rounds until well browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Cook in two batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Drain the rounds on a paper bag.
- Slice the biscuits open sandwich style, spread the spicy mustard mayo on the inside, put the sausage rounds on the bottom, top with the other half of the biscuit. Enjoy!
Calories (Calories from Fat ), Total Fat g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol mg, Sodium mg, Total Carbohydrate g (Dietary Fiber g, Sugars g), Protein g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A %, Vitamin C %, Calcium %, Iron %.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
To eliminate rims around the edges of quick breads, grease baking pans on bottom and only 1/2 inch up sides.
To prevent flat cookies, ensure baking sheets are at room temperature before placing the dough.