Callie's Blueberry Cobbler
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 6-8 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons White Lily Self-Rising Flour
- 1-pound fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 10 frozen buttermilk biscuits
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream for topping
- 1-pint heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in an 8 ½ - 9” cast iron skillet or pie dish.
- Add the flour to the melted butter. Mix until a smooth paste forms. Add blueberries, white sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Top blueberry mixture with the frozen biscuits. Brush the biscuit tops with the reserved melted butter and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly, serve warm. Top with whipped cream or your favorite vanilla ice cream!
- Chill the beaters of your mixer and bowl in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into cold bowl. Whip the cream for 2 to 3 minutes, starting at low speed and increasing to high speed, until cream begins to thicken.
- Add the vanilla and sugar, whip until soft peaks form.
- Store in the refrigerator until it’s time to serve! (Note: You can also whip the cream by hand with a whisk!)