Karl Worley's Family Reserve Biscuits
- Prep Time:
- 10 min
- Cook Time:
- 20 min
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 6 biscuits
- 2 cups White Lily® All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, very cold
- 2 tablespoons lard or bacon fat, very cold
- 1 cup full-fat buttermilk
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 1½ cups White Lily® All-Purpose Flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Grate the cold butter and lard into the dry ingredients and toss to distribute.
- Pour buttermilk and cream into dry ingredients and mix until just barely combined. It should resemble cottage cheese.
- Use a 4-ounce scoop or spoon to place one dollop of dough into a bowl with the remaining flour.
- Place into the skillet very close together.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Pour melted butter over biscuits as soon as they are out of the oven.
Calories (Calories from Fat ), Total Fat g (Saturated Fat g, Trans Fat g), Cholesterol mg, Sodium mg, Total Carbohydrate g (Dietary Fiber g, Sugars g), Protein g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A %, Vitamin C %, Calcium %, Iron %.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Check quick breads 10-15 minutes before end of baking time. If browning too fast, cover loosely with foil.
When making a foam cake, beat egg whites until they're stiff, but not dry. Ensure there is absolutely no egg yolk or grease on the utensils.